Since April of 1990, our national trade organization, the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET), has observed April as National Lawn Care Month. This year, we have partnered with the Turgrass Producers International and The Lawn Institute towards celebrating and promoting the tremendous positive aspects of turf and lawns in the urban environment. At LawnAmerica, we are proud to be good stewards of homeowner and commercial lawns and landscapes. We take pride in caring for landscapes in an environmentally responsible way, providing to our customers and the communities we serve some of the following benefits:
- Well-cared-for lawns can significantly increase property values and business activity.
- A healthy lawn is important to our urban environment. A 50-foot by 50-foot lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Lawns cool the atmosphere. Eight healthy front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning, which is enough for 16 average homes.
- Grass converts carbon dioxide to oxygen, a process that helps clean the air.
- Dense, healthy grass slows water runoff, removing contaminants and trapping soil. Fresh, filtered water returns to the underground water supply.
So do your part in caring for your little part of the outdoor world by caring for your lawn and landscape, allowing it to provide the positive benefits to you and our community. And to insure that your lawn is cared for in the proper manner, so that it can provide the valuable environmental benefits that it can, hire a professional member of PLANET, such as LawnAmerica.
For more information on the healthy benefits of lawns, visit the following link from loveyourlawn.com.